DNA Testing Question

Forums DNA DNA Testing Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of raevnnraevnn
    Participant

Hi all! Hoping you can help clarify some things about DNA testing. I’m donor conceived and want to get tested (along with my mom) in hopes of finding my donor/donor relatives. I know I need to test at “the big three” but that be a bit costly. I was reading that it may be more budget-friendly to test only at 23andMe and AncestryDNA. Then take the raw data from AncestryDNA and upload it to GedMatch as well as pay a little more to transfer it to FTDNA. Is that accurate? Has anyone done it that way? Looking for any advice or suggestions to make this simple 🙂

Profile photo of AdminAdmin

Hi @Raevnn, thanks for your post! Yes you are correct. Though it will take a little more time due to processing it will save you money. Also look for sales each site offers them sporadically like around Christmas and other seasons. 23andMe used to be $300 then dropped to $99 now it’s up to $199. They may drop it down in the future but not sure. Please buy your tests through our links on DonorChildren to support our site at no cost to you! Hope you find your father, siblings, and extended family! I found my father and family through my DNA via a 3rd-4th cousin match on 23andMe. You are correct in saying you must join all three databases. Good luck!

Profile photo of raevnnraevnn
    Participant

Thank you!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.