Introductions

Forums General Introductions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cchippscchipps
    Participant

Hi,
    Thought I would take the initiative and create the first topic. I’m the married mom of a sperm donor conceived adult daughter. We live in the northern suburbs of Cincinnati but my daughter was conceived with an anonymous donor #1073 from Cryogenic Laboratories Inc, located in Roseville, Minnesota. At that time we lived in Dubuque, IA. The sperm bank claims this donor was only there from 1985 to 1987 but I have reason to believe he may have donated elsewhere before that time. His initial description was 5’11”, 162 lbs, 0+ blood type, French/German, dark brown straight hair, blue eyes, med. complexion, med. bone structure and engineer/mech.

My daughter was born February 18, 1988. She has dark brown hair, blue/green/hazel eyes, 5’2″, very petite hands, prominent upper eyelids and average weight. Her picture is posted in my profile.

Profile photo of Kezza82Kezza82
    Participant

Hi cchipps, I’m Kezza and I am a donor conceived child in Australia. I was born in July 1982 and unfortunately all of the records of my donor (non-identifying only) were destroyed after 15 years. I know that he is B positive blood type and would most likely have been a medical student or researcher at the Queensland Fertility Group or one of the universities in Brisbane. I’m 164cm (5’4″), medium build, brown hair and blue/green eyes. It would be great to have some medical history and also to know if there are any possible siblings out there.

Profile photo of cchippscchipps
    Participant

Hi Kenza,

I know several Australians through the online donor community, mostly adult donor conceived but I also have corresponded with a former egg donor and sperm donor. I really have to get myself and daughter’s DNA done. I think that is the only way to search.

Have you had your DNA tested yet?

Chris

Profile photo of Kezza82Kezza82
    Participant

I actually have the DNA test at home to do – just need to complete and send it back. I think it’s Family Tree DNA and they currently have a sale on their testing kits. Mine was about $100. Hopefully once those results are listed I might have some luck πŸ™‚

Profile photo of wmdoranwmdoran
    Participant

Very cool! Also check out 23andme.com and Ancestry.com. It’s important to be on all three to increase your visibility. If you do 23andme first you can transfer your autosomal data (downloadable from 23andme) to FTDNA for half the price of a test. Takes 5 weeks or so to get results. Keep us updated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.