DNA 2-4 cousins

Forums DNA DNA 2-4 cousins

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dottydotty
    Participant

No close matches from either familytreedna or ancestry. I thought I would be able to easily tell which are known from my mother’s side and then from my unknown donor side. That is not the case, the results are pretty confusing and I haven’t gotten anywhere yet. Still glad that I did it. I just took these tests at the end of 2014. I first started by putting my DNA on file with CaBRi back in 2009. I did my dna, my mother’s and then my half brothers (share the same mom) CaBRi told me this was the way that they could deduce my donor. Anyway. That didn’t work either. I am glad that my DNA is out there to be matched with someone who is willing to put it out there, but it sure is crazy to go through the 2-4 cousins. I don’t have any clue how to do that. I have sent an email out to all of the closest. I made sure not to scare them off, and first wanted to start by figuring out my mother’s side and so that mostly my donor side would be left.

Profile photo of wmdoranwmdoran
    Participant

Just to encourage you my closest match was on 23andMe and she is a 2nd cousin once removed. She has been CRITICAL in my search process. She is my ally. Just be yourself and you will find a family member willing and wanting to help. Ancestry and FTDNA only had 3rd cousins and more distant. My contact on 23andMe joined because of vomit. She wanted to find out if she had the anti-norovirus gene, which she does! I have come to find out I am likely one of 300+ siblings. Being that I don’t have any sibling matches on any DNA site, I believe I am the first to discover and unveil this whole story. Keep trying. It took me months and some help upstairs. It is worth it for you and all your half-siblings for you to find out the TRUTH. Keep us posted!

Profile photo of dottydotty
    Participant

Found a 1st cousin through Ancestry! A work in progress but very excited.

Profile photo of wmdoranwmdoran
    Participant

Wow! A year and a half later and you are about to find your father. Congratulations and keep us updated! I’m sure they will help you and if nothing else can provide you with enough information you could piece together a family tree online.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.